Super cool Erin (coacheswife) introduced me to gmail months ago. She told me how she organizes her submissions for LO's and keeps things nice and tidy. She sent me an invitation to sign up, I signed up, played around, and LIKED it... I even took the ginormous step of uploading all my emails into the new account. Gmail is like email heaven. Okay, that's pushing it but you all have been reading my blog and know that I'm a tad dramatic. Some of you KEEP reading it so obviously you don't mind my dramaticisms. Yep, made that word up.
As I planned to make that step of emailing everyone in my address book with my new address, I got scared. Yep, I've been sitting on my gmail account for about 4 months. I just changed my email account when I got married in May. Eh.. I'm torn. Everyone hates those emails informing friends and family of another email address change. So this is where I need you, oh blog friends of mine, to help me figure out if I should change my email address or keep my yahoo account.
Pros to Yahoo:
* Everyone has this email address. It was posted on our wedding program. None of my friends and family will be "put out" by changing my email address in their address book.
* The places that I've submitted to have this email. Okay, this one doesn't really matter cuz the mags aren't exactly filling up my inbox! Bills are sent to this email... Hobby Lobby sends their weekly specials to this account...
* When I made the maiden name to married name email swap, I missed some important emails from people that DID NOT switch to my new email. After a few months of the new email, I didn't check the old one as frequently. Missed a Christmas exchange email & got it a few days before our exchange.. had to run out all frantically and get gifts. WAIT.. that would have happened regardless if they would have sent it to my new account. Oops.
* My yahoo's account has a pink template. SO COOL!
* Can you forward yahoo mail into gmail? Mara, you probably know this answer cuz your a genius in my book and that really would solve all my email problems.
Pros to gmail:
* Erin has gotten pubbed a TON so maybe her super organized method of submitting was aided by gmail. Okay, Erin's gotten pubbed because she's SUPER talented. I'm just trying to think of all angles, here. Work with me, work with me...
* I like how gmail is like a conversation. When you reply to an email, it stays all nice inside the original email. Gmailer's, you know what I'm talking about. In Yahoo, if someone replies to your email, it shows up as a new one.. lots of new emails that I never remember to delete. The gmail geniuses fixed that annoying feature that just about every email software posesses. Snaps for gmail!
* Did I mention how tidy gmail is?
I don't know what to do. Any positive or negative thoughts about gmail would be greatly appreciated. Help me make up my mind cuz obviously I need help with this decision.
Here's a page I whipped up on En Fuego Throat Monday. (Sounds like a special at Chili's) Love the new Chatterbox papers!! I've never owned many Chatterbox products but this pp was screaming at me to buy! And who thinks that ALL patterned papers should have coordinating paper on the flipside? Another genius invention.. gmail must have thought it up. Anywho.. here it is...
Oh, and I got a very sweet email from a fellow Pea that nicely told me that I used the wrong "Compliment". It's supposed to be "Complement". Oops. Although Darin and I do compliment each other every day.. you look nice today, thank you for being thoughtful by doing the dishes.. that was not the complement theme I was going with. Let's hope that fun little "i" can be popped off and exchanged for an "e".
**Pretty sure something's gunna be spelled wrong on this blog entry. Spell check won't work for some reason. I swear I'm a colledge graduate, I just can't spell! And yes, I meant to spell college wrong. I spelled college that way until my sophomore year in HS. I sent my sister a letter when she was at college and spelled it wrong. She made sure to tell me. So the next letter she sent me I graded with a red marker and sent it back to her. She got a B-.
I wonder why she's never sent me any more letters?? She was on the deans list, guess the B- didn't jive with her GPA.