Friday, September 02, 2011

All about Miss Emery...

She must know this blog post is all about her because she's kicking like mad right now.. Or maybe it was the handful of m&m's I just ate?

Regardless.. this one is for the baby girl we've yet to meet!  Emery's room has been vacant for the last few months since we merged Joya over with Adie in Adie's room. I know we went back and forth with whether or not to find out what this bean is, but man am I glad we know now so I can get a jump start on her room!  We've had the same colors and bedding in the nursery for both girls and I did it way back when we didn't know if Adie was a boy or girl.  It was painted green and had coral, blue and yellow everywhere. I was a bit tired of the old stuff so it's getting sold in the Resale next weekend. 

I was ready for something bold.. something new.. and possibly something she could grow in to after her baby years.  Grandma H has been asking about what I wanted for Emery's quilt and I finally got over to Joann's and Hobby Lobby to get all the fabric picked out. I've leaving the room green and Darin's mom gave us a yellow arm chair so I picked out a few other colors to splash in there. And of course there's pink.. how could I NOT incorporate my favorite color!

Here's the fabric right before it was dropped off at Gma H's house...

It's going to be simple 4x4 squares with the seems on the outside so it frays oh so gorgeously.. kind like this quilt found on pinterest...


Here's a picture of her room in the corner..
The 3 japanese lanterns were purchased for $1 and I made the other 2 pom poms out of tissue paper.  Idea from Pinterest, of course and directions HERE. Got the long curtains on clearance at Target for $13. No joke. For TWO of them.. hate it when curtains only come in a package of 1 panel. Barf. And seriously, what are the odds you'd only need one?  

Anywho.. Got Miss Emmie (as Joya called her) her name in block letters at Hobby Lobby and they were raw...

Now they are pink. (And Rustoleum Paint in Watermelon.. gunna put my notes here on my blog in case I need to get more.  now someone will have to remind me when I did the post about her room.) 

And now you know what types of cereal my family eats. The good ones. =)

Kept debating back and forth about what I should do with the picture frames that were already in the room.. keep them white or spray em' pink? I ended up spraying them pink so the room could look more girlie.. they went from this...

To this...

So far I'm in love with her room. I still have a crib dust ruffle to make and different wall art I'm planning on doing too. Of course ideas came from Pinterest. Her room is going to be a room built off of pinterest ideas. =) 

**
And now for some pictures of Miss Emery!  Well, in utero, that is. Last weekend I helped shoot a wedding with my bud Amanda and we stayed at her parents house that night with the drive and how late it ended.  The next day we played around with a few maternity pictures.. these are the results...

I had no clue my feet were that dirty until after it was edited...






I was shooting Amanda because she needed a profile picture done of herself. =)  
 and in b&w...




Love the way they turned out. =) And yep. some will go in the nursery.  And flipped into b&w.. the barns and my black and grey don't really go with the color scheme... duh.  

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aren't you just the cutest little pregnant lady! The baby's room looks great!

Kat said...

great preggo pics! you have the cutest little belly! and love all the colors in the room, i'm sure emery will love it too!

Jill said...

Love the bright colors; that quilt will be gorgeous. Your pictures are great too - you are a beautiful pregnant mama!

Jewel said...

Emery's room is looking great so far! And beautiful preggo pics!