Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Holy cow... it's 2006!!!

Tennessee was fab-tab-u-lous! Such a quick trip but SO worth it. Saturday we hiked up a mountain. Here's a pic of us reaching the top after about an hour and 20 minutes of hiking.

It was a tad cold once we got to the top but other than that, it was in the 50s and 60s the entire weekend. I wish we had mountains in Indiana.. the farmers sure would have a hard time plowing the corn fields up there! I guess that's why we have corn and TN has mountains. The 2 don't mix so well.

For New Years my sis and BIL took us to a fun stir-fry place. I think you know your getting old when on New Years night you go out to eat, are finished by 8:30, go to the grocery to get low-fat ice cream and then play Phase 10 for the rest of the night. But hey, I was with my cutie-head hubby and my sis whom I see a couple times a year so all was good!!! Here's a pic of Darin and I at the cool Asian place.


Alright, I hate New Years Resolutions... but lets talk about whether or not Darcy should make one. I love diet soda. Any kind, but mostly Diet Coke or DDP (Diet Dr. Pepper). I only have 1 or 2 a day, but I get a headache if I have not had my caffine by a certain time in the day. Headache = addiction. I don't want to be a DC junkie!

Reasons I want to quit my habit:

1) Artificial sweetner. Yeah, it really can't be good for you. Some say it's not harmful, some say it causes cancer in rats... uh... I don't want cancer and I am not a big fan of rats but I don't want them to have cancer either!

2) Eventually I'll have to give up my caffine habit when we get preggo. I don't know when we'll be preggo, but maybe I should wein myself off it so I don't have to quit cold turkey once little baby Holsopple is growing in me.

3) I hate HAVING to drink caffine to avoid the ol' headache.

Gosh, this is tough. It's SO yummy! El Camino (my FAVE auth. mexican restaurant) is just not the same without a big DC to wash it all down. Maybe I'll just drink DC at the Camino. Darin will probably get sick of frequenting the Camino once daily!!!Eh.. Jan 1st is over so I'm pretty sure that's only when New Years resolutions are valid.. maybe I'll just wait until next year to decide. =) Yep, that sounds good.

There are a few other things I would love to accomplish this year. The first big one is to get published in scrapbooking. I'm going to start submitting hard-core very soon. It's just a super big goal of mine. Oh.. and there's that new house too! That's kinda a goal of both Darin and I's.. we really hope our house we live in now sells quickly when it's time to put it up for sale. I really need to exercise more. I just feel so much better when I'm tone. Right now, I don't feel tone. I can't get 105lbs tone like I once did, but you know what I mean.

Guess what tonight is?? Our first gymnastics meet!! My girls are totally freaking out and I'm right there with them. When they compete, my hands sweat, my heart beats fast and I am totally nervous for them. I know they'll do fine but I'm sure they'd agree with me when I say that WE'RE NOT READY!!! I'll try to post tomorrow to let you know how they did. =)

9 comments:

Kat said...

that picture in TN is soooooooo pretty! defiently have to scrap that.......
great resolutions, i gave up caffeine a few years ago, and you can too! ; ) (don't i sound like a infomercial?)
you'll totally get published, you have such fab layouts!
good luck tonight : )

Scott said...

Fun post... went to TN last summer well through it anyway and it was so nice. The people were great too. Glad that you had a good time.

Scott

Mara said...

Aww, TN looks so pretty!!
Yes, IN needs mountains, I agree. It would make the drive from Chicago to Bloomington much better :)... but maybe longer too... hmm... tough call.

As for DC. I HEAR YA SISTER! I can't get enough and I get headachy too... I try for 1 per day. I stopped for awhile, but I think I was moody. Haha. Wait til next year - good plan :)

Kirsten said...

I'm trying to give up caffeine this year too. At least my coke. I'm sure it'll be better for me all around. Good luck with it!

Elizabeth said...

Hey Darcy!
Great pict..love your pink wig..hee hee! Even grey skies are pretty with mountains, unlike the constant grey uck we have here!! I hear daily how, "Colorado doesn't look like this!!"mmmm, maybe someday.. So the caffeine thing.. yeah I did that too, gave up coffee and DC cold turkey when I became preggo. After 7 months(and all was well in the womb), I started back to one DC a day. Now I have to go thru McD's drive through once a day for a fix.. and yes it has to be from the Donald's house.. just not the same anywhere else.
Also, our little mexi fave(which we go to once a week) is a little dive where I have to get like 4 refills everytime!!
Good luck with your meet tonight..
hey maybe if they piddle on the mat, it could distract the other team!!

Jessica O'Brien said...

Your pictures are so cute! I'm glad you guys had a nice holiday and a little break!

That is a great resolution. I gave up caffiene awhile ago and didn't find it too hard. I switched from Diet Coke to Caffiene Free Diet Coke or Diet Sprite which never has caffiene. And I replaced coffee in the a.m. with green tea or just a mug of warm water! (I started drinking coffee again here and there though...) Artificial sweetener is something I should get off of and Scott always tells me how bad it is! I use Equal or Splenda which are much better for you than Sweet n Low but I know its still bad! Good luck! xo

Anonymous said...

i'm sooooo a caffeine junkie!
i know what you mean about the headaches!
what a great pic of you two,
you are soooooooo cute!

RACHEL =) said...

Sounds like you had a great New Year's!! Love the pics! Looks so beautiful and peaceful!!!!

Yes, I get headaches too when I don't get my caffeine fix - I know it's all mental, but still, they're a pain!!! I'm trying to quit the Diet pop too!!! GOOD LUCK girlie! =)

monica said...

I hope you get published you have some cute LO's!! Good luck on the caffeine, it's a battle for me also.