Thursday, May 25, 2006
50 Reasons why I LOVE DARIN JAY!!!
This post is IN HONOR OF DARIN JAY AND I'S 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! Whoo-hoo!! It's actually on Sunday but we will be on our way to Florida so I'll post today. =)
50 Reasons why I love this man:
1. He cares about me more than anyone EVER has.
2. When he first held my hand, he asked me permission. =)
3. He is an amazing youth minister. He's not afraid to attack the hard subjects, hang out with kids and "play", get dirty or love them even when they are hard to love.
4. He is an EXTREMLY hard worker. Such a hard worker that I have to TELL him when he really needs to relax.
5. Okay, he's hot. (I had to get that one in there!)
6. He is an amazing speaker.. God has given him an amazing ability to speak.
7. He completely cracks me up!!!
8. He always remembers our special dates.. and give me the most thoughtful gifts!!
9. He's a heck of a coach. has SERIOUS talent for it.
10. He is self confident but is the first to admit when he's wrong.
11. He's EXTREMELY motivational. Just talk to him once and you will notice it. =)
12. He treats his family and mine with the ultimate respect.
13. He's humble.
14. He's wise with finances.
15. I never have to worry about him lying.. he's a man of his word.
16. He puts me above himself.
17. He rarely complains.. I know something's REALLY bothering him if he complains about it.
18. He loves Bailey the fat cat.. even though he hates cats.
19. He's compassionate.
20. He treats me like a queen, ALWAYS!
21. He's not afraid to show emotion... he'll cry if he misses his dad or scream the loudest he can scream at a Colts game.
22. He is an AMAZING leader.. a leader that is consiterate and listens to the thoughts and feelings of everyone.
23. He has THE most amazing smile.
24. He makes me anything out of wood that I want.. and FAST!!!!
25. He's athletic.. I don't know what we'd do with our free time if he didn't play a sport 3 nights a week!
26. He is just the sweetest around kids.. he is going to ROCK at fatherhood!!!
27. He's my cheerleader.. especially when I don't believe in myself.
28. He laughs at my jokes.. even if they aren't funny. =/
29. He lets me scrapbook whenever I want.. he sits in the scraproom in his "chair" so he can be with me.
30. He SO appreciative.. to everyone, including me.
31. He's never made me feel stupid or dumb if I don't "get" something during my blond episodes.
32. He doesn't care what others think.
33. He takes my side... every time.
34. He's WISE.
35. He has a servants heart.
36. He's romantic.. nuf said. =)
37. He puts other's feelings above his own.
38. He's not afraid to stand up and do the right thing when it's not popular.
39. He reads his bible every day.. and makes what he reads applicable to his life.
40. He never gets me flowers on important days.. he gets them for me when I least expect them.
41. He's not afraid to do the right thing.. even it it's not popular.
42. He's encouraging to EVERYONE he meets.
43. He doens't drink... ever. I'll never have to worry about alcohol being in my home or around our children.
44. If he's wronged someone, he'll humbly appologize.
45. He is THE most thoughtful person.
46. He's the most handsome man on the planet (okay, I'll only list it twice!!!)
47. You should see this boy without his shirt on.. WHEW!! He's ripped.. okay, 3 times is it.. I promise!
48. He's a cuddle-bug. =)
49. Awe.. those big blue eyes!!!
50. And best thing about Darin is that Christ is the center of his life.
I love you, Darin Jay!!! I look forward to 75 MORE anniversaries...
With all my love,