Oh yeah, there are a TON of things I didn't know until I became a mom. Here's a list for ya'...
*I knew we were blessed by our friends, family and church family, but seriously.. look at Adie's closet.
We had 4 SLEEPERS when she was born. Yep, 4 articles of clothing to bring our new baby home in. And then people kept bringing things to the hospital. And bringing things to our house. And bringing things to church for us. And then we had a friends shower. With the exception of me buying some outfits at a garage sale, we've not purchased anything for Adie. Isn't that completely amazing? We are seriously blessed. Thank you again to all those of you that got her little outfits, brought us meals and all the gifts!
* I never knew that our neighbor left at 4:45am in the morning until being awake at 4:45am in the morning became the norm. =/
* I never knew I would covet expensive diapers. Yep, we buy the Walmart brand because they are cheap.. just gotta change her often. A few people have given us some name brand diapers that they didn't need/want anymore and I seriously save them for the pretty outfits.
*I had guessed this, but didn't know until now that staying at home as a full time mom is WAY more work that my old job. Yep, it's non-stop at home.
* I didn't know how much laughter would be had by a little pair of sunglasses. She pulls a Stevie Wonder head sway when she wears them. She tries so hard to get them off and we are such bad parents because we just sit there and laugh. =/
* I didn't know how proud I could be of a 2 month old whom the only thing she does is eat, sleep, cry, poops and SMILES!!! Oh so proud. =)
* I knew I had talented friends, but seriously.. look at the birth annoucements that Kayla Aimee whipped up for us.
She's seriously talented. Thanks again, KA!!
* I knew Darin would be completely amazing with our baby but actually seeing him with Adie is THE most wonderful thing ever.I am so blessed to have the most hands on hubby on the planet. I love you sweetie!!
* There are many more things I have learned in this short time that I've been a mom but the biggest thing I didn't know is how much I could love someone. I mean, I have loved many, many people before but the way I love my own daughter is so different. I cannot wait to see her grown, learn and love. I am the most blessed mom ever.