Thursday, April 24, 2008

Peas, "ut-oh" and fountain head..

I LOVE just about every vegetable there is. Even the weird stuff like brussel sprouts, spaghetti squash and such. But there is one veggie I hate.. and it's peas. All growing up my mom made me eat as many peas as I was old. Yes, even when I was 21 I counted out 21 peas, put them ALL on my spoon, plugged my nose, chewed fast and washed them down with water real fast. I hate peas.

Years later mom fessed up that she too hated peas. She force ate them all those years to be an example to us kids. (And I'm pretty sure she counted out her peas to get as many as she was old too.. we just didn't catch onto her secret)

So I was so happy when I pureed peas for Adie and she LOVED them! Like would have probably chose them over carrots. Atlas! The Replogle women's pea curse was over! Adie was going to stop the hatred of peas with her generation.

Until we moved from pureed peas to whole peas.

The first day she spit them out.. hated them. So the next day my sister tells me to put some butter on them cuz her boys eat peas that way.

What does she do?

Sucks off the butter...
and spits them out.

She's no dummy!!! They are horrible and I know it!

So the curse of the Replogle women's hatred of peas is not over. We'll keep trying, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make her eat as many as she is old. =/ (And I will secretly do the same.. although I may have to quit the whole plugging my nose trick because she may catch on that I hate them.)

And we now have a vocabulary of 4.5 words!

Daddy
Mama
Baby
Ut-oh

are all on the list. And I say 4.5 because last week we were at a friend's house for a play date and I'm pretty sure she called their kitty "kitty". But until we see another cat and she says "kitty" again, I won't count it.

And below she is showing you how she says "ut-oh". She purposely drops things and follows with the cutest "ut-oh." I hear her over the monitor before naps throwing her socks, bunny and blankets out her crib and saying "ut-oh". Love it. =)

And I am happy to say that we have enough hair for a fountain top on her head!


Just chilling outside in our 75 degree weather sporting the new fountain head pony and new sparkly pink flip flops. (And the capri's that aren't really capri's because our legs are a tad on the short side.)

She IS CURRENTLY SITTING ON MY LAP POINTING AT THE COMPUTER SAYING BABY BECAUSE SHE SEES PICTURES OF HERSELF. (AND ALSO PUSHED THE CAPS BUTTON IF YOU CAN'T TELL...)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

she is too cute. so happy that you will suck it up for you daughter. oh well if she doesn't eat peas.

Erin said...

YAY for words! But Darce, your pictures aren't showing. :(

Unknown said...

I love it!! How genius to suck the yummy butter off the peas and then spit out what I refer to as the "little balls of exploding nastiness". There are so many other delicious green veggies to enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Ah my kids hated peas initially, too (and I was the same way as a kid!) Now, we all eat them, but yeah, they have to have BUTTER! :)

Jeni said...

She is getting so big and smart! Her little pony is so cute as are her flops! can't wait to see her on tuesday. Maybe we'll as Fishy to her vocab :)

Kat said...

so cute! love the fountain top ;)
love her list of words! ut-oh is the cutest :)

Amy and Scott said...

OMG - that fountain pony is SOO fab! And those sparkly flip-flops...very sassy! :) She is the cutest...she is just as girly and fashionable as her mama!

:) Amy

Jill H said...

love the little hair-do :) so, so cute!