Friday, April 22, 2011

My tiny gymnasts...


Joya started her first "Mommy and Me" gymnastics class today!  Today it was "Daddy and Me" since Darin had the day off for Good Friday.  I feel bad because I started Adie in this class when she was 16 months.. Joya is a week away from 2.  

So much for trying to do things equallly.  =/

She wasn't sure about it at first.. she did figure out how to sit on her square...

But before Miss Nika was finished explaining the different stations she wanted to go PLAY!!!!


And she did well with the song at the beginning...

And raising her hands... 


following the directions in the song to touch your toes...


After the song they get to go to different stations and roll and jump and play...


And throw.. her favorite. =)  (Papa Denny is probably happy to hear that wondering if he's got a softball player grand-daughter!)

I think her favorite was the beam and picking up the Easter chicks..

Or maybe it was the trampoline...
I know everyone thinks their kid is just about the cutest.. but seriously.. how can you beat lil' 22lb Joya in a leotard?


I think she liked it. 

Good news is that we get to go back next week, baby girl!!!!

3 comments:

Kat said...

so cute! doesn't adie have the same leotard?
izzy just started gymnastics this month, too! and yes, started her later than i started jess, its hard being #2! but at least joya has a big sister to make up for it ;)

a.tonagel said...

adorable!
i'm telling myself that i am not jealous at all that I don't have a little gal to take to that type of thing.
She is so cute and it is sweet that Darin wanted to go with.

a.tonagel said...

adorable!
i'm telling myself that i am not jealous at all that I don't have a little gal to take to that type of thing.
She is so cute and it is sweet that Darin wanted to go with.