Wednesday, April 04, 2012

{baby} weight loss wednesday - one-little-verse edition

I was thinking about announcing that I was taking a {baby}weight loss wednesday break in April because of Spring Break, my family and my biz is keeping me SUPER busy.. but I promised to do this and I'm going to stick it thru. =) 

Today I'm going to challenge ya with a verse.. a verse that Dr. James McDowell stated in his message this morning on talk radio as Darin worked on my studio and I worked in my flower beds. (I LOVE spring break!)


Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

Such a good reminder to me in this part of my journey.  I am not watching what I eat and exercising to impress other "men" (or I should be honest and say women).. I am on this health quest to gain just that.. health.

And wellness.

And hopefully a long life.

And to please my Lord. 

This simple verse reminded me to cast all thoughts out of my brain once then enter about trying to impress anyone with my weight loss. It's just not the goal.

Maybe you needed to hear this too today.. and you might need to replace "loosing weight" with "trying to gain a name for yourself" or "getting way too into a hobby" or "needing that new iPhone or other possession" to impress someone. I don't know.. all I know is that I needed reminded of it too. =)

Have a beautiful Wednesday!

No comments: