Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Scrapbooks Etc!!!

It really happened! I reached one of my biggest scrap goals and got in Scrapbook's Etc! I kept thinking.. they are probably going to find a better page and nix mine... but they didn't. =) They actually put it in!!! I got a copy at Walmart and opened it to page 97 and showed Adie.. immediately she said "Adie!" She knew it was herself. =)

Here's a horrible (dark) picture But I still love it. =) The self timer was not my friend.. and the dog was running around with Adie's shoes and it was honking me off so this is the best we got...

And here's Adie pointing to it...

She's so proud she's in a magazine.

The funniest part of it is that my whole family has been pubbed now in my big ol' 2 pub resume. BUT it's just Darin's legs. And THE TOE. Yeah, my husband's ucky toe is in Scrapbooks Etc. Why is it ucky? Um, he cut that big toe off about 5 years ago. Pardon me, it was hanging on by some skin. He cut it with a circular saw as he was cuting a circle in the floor for his toilet. Don't worry, they sewed it back on. Only after he sat in the waiting room for like 2 hours with a severed toe. Um, exactly what DO you have to do to get fast service in the ER? Obviously cutting off an extremity does not give you priority. =/ But it's always kinda grossed me out cuz the toe nail is super thick and yellow. But now it's a published toe. =) And I could never be more excited.
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

Jewel said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! So adorable that Adie recognized herself. And is enjoying the publishing right along with you! See you in 2 days!

Jodi Russey said...

Congrats!

Unknown said...

YIPPPPEEEE!!!! Congrats on accomplishing a goal too.

Amy and Scott said...

Congrats Darcy! How fun to see your little one and hubby's toe in print!!! :) Keep up the amazing scrapping!

Schwartz Photography, LLC said...

Darcy!! This is soooo exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Darcy. So well deserved!
It really is a wonderful page, love it!

jackie said...

That's so exciting! Congrats. Photog skills and scrap skills all at work togther being published!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to go out and buy it and have you autograph it :)

You're the most amazing scrapper!

Yah for Darcy being in a magazine!!!

Erin said...

Yay! Congrats, Darce!

Linz said...

Yay for being famous! :) How awesome! So proud of u to get that goal! Love the pic of Adie checking herself out in the magazine:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's awesome! I love the picture of you and Adie. How do you get her to smile so big? I guess it helps that you are a photographer, but my boys hardly ever cheese it when I tell them to!

Kat said...

YAYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!! sooo exciting! i'll have to go pick up a copy, then we'll have to meet up so that you can sign it and it'll be worth money someday ;)
so cute! i love that layout, too. awwww. congratulations!

kristina proffitt said...

Yay for the pub, Darcy!!! Ick about the toe!! Hee hee! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Scrapbooks Etc pub - I know that had to make you very happy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That's so cool. Adie looks so proud!

~Stacy P.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the pub! That's sooo awesome - and what a beautiful LO!

(ewwww about the toe!)

Love the photos of Adie - she's just too cute!

Anonymous said...

How cool. Congratulations! Love that magazine, can't wait to see your LO in there.
Stephanie

The Lantzes said...

you guys are such a great looking family! Good job on your published page!! Nichole actually told me and I looked you up while waiting in the line at Meijer:) I am coming to MOTTS. I will see you in the morning! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

big, huge congrats darce!! love those photos!

Jill H said...

congrats you to on making it in that magazine!!! it's such an awesome layout :) totally cute pic of you & Adie too!

amber said...

How awesome! Love the shot of her pointing to the LO. Huge congrats to you! :)

Jenny B in Indy said...

congrats! cute layout!