Monday, January 05, 2009

Serendipity January Kit!!!

Sorry for the week of no posts... we were busy, busy with New Year's family stuff and Darin spoke at a retreat this past weekend. Fun stuff!!!!

When we got back my Serendipity kit was waiting for me to play. I had December off so I was SUPER excited to get my hands on this one!!!

First one I did was a door hangy thing. This paper had the CUTEST house on it and this is what I created with it...


Everything is from the kit cept for the felt Thickers I added for the "HOME".
***
Next one is a page of my 10 year class reunion. Used the super cool Webster postcards for my journaling. Can't believe I've been out of HS for 10.5 YEARS!!!

***
Usually patterned paper like this is super hard for me to use... um, this page took me like 30 mintues to do. That's fast for me!!! And I was super happy with the outcome. I used the quote down at the bottom for the title as well.

***
If you remembered.. I had a little giveaway on the blog for the guessing of baby H #2. Miss Jackie won and I promised her something made with the Jan kit. She requested a page to be done for a dear friend of here's that lost a baby 6 years ago.. um, the baby's name was Adelyn.
Woah.
Adelyn had a heart disorder and lost her life when she was just 14 months old. Jackie requested a page to be done for their church nursery as a memorial for Adelyn. I felt so honored. And the parents picked the AWESOMEST scripture from Matthew 19:14. Double click on it if you can't read it.

This is what I came up with...

Just ready for them to add a picture and get all framed up. Thanks again for trusting me with this memorial project, Jackie!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool stuff. Can't wait to get together on the 17th. I haven't done anything since I think september. WOW...I gotta get my butt in gear.

Jodi Russey said...

Hey! Your memorial page is beautiful, I noticed that "children" is misspelled. Just thought you may want to know before you handed it off :-)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Love the memorial page. So beautiful.

Jill H said...

love all your creations, Darcy! the memorial page is just right. that is definitely eerie that the baby's name was Adelyn.

Kat said...

love all your pages! all awesome, i'm jealous of all the scrapping you get done- go girl!!!