Friday, July 30, 2010

Little creating...

I'm going to call this "creating" because it's been so long since I've done anything creative... this counts! Got the girls cute little backpacks at Joann Fabrics right before our trip to Iowa for all their quit-screaming-in-the-car goodies. 
Two for $5. 
Pretty sure they are going to break soon but hey, doesn't everything a kid play with break?  They were a tad bit too plain for me so I added their names with a needle and some embroidery floss.
Here they are showing them off for you.  =)

This is the last full day of my Darin's summer break. =(  Next Monday starts 2-a-day's so he'll be consumed with football. Love that he loves it but man, I've sure enjoyed July with him around!

BUT.. he's been working on our front porch like mad the last few days. He's covered our columns with limestone to match our house, is about to tile our front porch stoops and has edged our landscaping with even more limestone.  Someone told us of a home that was being torn down and they let us go and take all the limestone we could ever want from it.  So we are using THOUSANDS of dollars of limestone on the house and didn't pay a penny!  I'll show pictures when we are finished.  When I say "we" I mean I go out every couple of hours and answer questions for the hubs on what to do with all this limestone.  =)  Our front porches have been on the list to fancy up and de-70's-ify since we bought this place.. can't wait to show you guys the end results!

1 comment:

Kat said...

those backpacks are super cute! i'm going to making my own versions of those for our trip to iowa, too!