Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Heavy hearted...

I posted about my 2lb friend, Scarlette, a few weeks ago but she's in more need of prayer. She's found out BPD which is super dangerous for a baby her size to have.  Please keep praying for sweet baby Scarlette. It's so hard for her to breath and she's in pain.. every mother's fear.  Check out her daily blog here and her mama's blog here.  She posts sweet little video's of Miss Scarlette that Adie would spend hours watching if I let her. We just love her and her mommy so...

***

And Monday one of my former gymnasts, Allison, was in a very serious car accident . She was a freshman my last year of coaching which makes her a senior this year. 
We've been in constant prayer for here in our household. All the injuries from the crash were to her head.. she has sever head trama with bleeding and clotting on her brain along with skull fractures. She went through a surgery last night to remove part of her skull to relieve pressure.. so far she's more stable than last night but still in very critical condition. 

She wasn't currently teaching my Adie's class but 2 weeks ago she stopped in during Adie's class to bring her friends whom were teaching some McDonald's dinner. She sat with me for almost then entire hour class and we had a great ol' chat. I remember her saying, "Darce, can you believe I'm a senior?  Isn't that crazy?"  She had just applied and was waiting to find out if she had been accepted to Purdue. (She found out just 3 days prior to her crash that she did get accepted.)  I told her where I had lived and she said she wanted a particular dorm because it was closest to the food. =)  She reminded me of when Adie was at practices when I did coach and how she would take her into the bathroom to see herself in the mirror and Adie would just bust up laughing at herself. Allison loves kids and was pretty sure she was going into Elementary Ed at Purdue.  Every day this summer at Adie's gymnastics camp she stole my Joya when she had the chance...
Wish you could see Allison's face in that pic.. but yeah, she loved my girls. Just so much going for sweet Allison.. 17, just accepted into Purdue and just elected captain of the team. 

It just saddens my heart to know that 2 of my YOUNG friends are fighting for their lives.  So if we all could join in prayer for my little 2lb friend, Scarlette and my 17 year old friend Allison.. I sure would appreciate it. 

1 comment:

Kat said...

oh darcy, i'm so sorry about both of your friends! i have been reading about baby scarlett and it breaks my heart. they are both in my thoughts and prayers right now!